A fabric book for Nell has been on my list for quite some time. I spied a cute one on the Made by Rae website last year. I started sorting my fabrics right away, and noticed something interesting. I have lots of blue, pink and red scraps, but hardly any orange or green! My friend Elizabeth came to my rescue and gave me some really great scraps.
I started sewing the book a couple of days before Christmas. Yup, only last minute crafting for me. Oh the pressure! Things were going swimmingly, until I closed the book and took a good look at it. D’oh! I had sewn the front panel on upside down. Noooooooo! I calmly laid the book aside and went upstairs for Christmas Eve dinner. Okay, so maybe I wasn’t calm. There may have been a temper tantrum thrown. But food has an amazing satiating quality, and after dinner I set about unpicking hundreds of stitches. I flipped everything the right way and sewed it back up. It was wrapped and under the tree by 7pm!
Sewing note: I used this very helpful tutorial for sewing the wonky log cabin squares.